Indian Spiced potatoes
Author: Sia Krishna
Recipe Type: Main
- 3 large Potatoes, scrubbed, washed, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium Onion, carefully sliced
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1-2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, carefully sliced
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder or 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- 1 Dry Red Chillies, damaged
- Couple Of Curry Leaves
- A large pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Temperature oil in a wok and include mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried out red chillies, curry leaves and hing.
- When mustard seeds start to pop and splutter, include carefully chopped onions and fry for 2-3 mins on medium fire.
- After that, add ginger-garlic paste and fry for just two minutes till the natural smell disappears and onions turn light brown in color.
- Blend in diced potatoes and present it an excellent stir for a minute or two.
- Include all herbs in the list above one after the other along side sodium to taste and blend them well to coat every potato piece. If utilizing lime/lemon juices save it till the conclusion.
- Sprinkle little water and cover the wok and prepare for 5-8 minutes. Give it good stir among to save the potatoes from staying with the bottom of the vessel.
- Sprinkle little more water if required and cook for the next 3-5 moments till the potatoes tend to be prepared completely.
- Add lime/lemon juice and switch off the fuel. Mix in finely chopped coriander and serve it hot with any dal (creamy lentil soup), a dollop of ghee and rice or any Indian level breads.
If you are short of time, merely make use of boiled, peeled and cubed potatoes and it surely will take half the cooking time. You can easily omit onions and ginger garlic paste and just use potatoes to help make easier version of Aloo Fry.
Born in Asia and increased in fun and meals loving household, Sia Krishna is located in UNITED KINGDOM along with her partner along with her two infants, a year old child and 5 year-old blog site Monsoon Spice. The woman cooking style has actually powerful root in Indian culture and at the same time embraces the whole world cuisine with equal enthusiasm. With never-ending love for meals, spruce and life, Sia is passionate about making Indian food less intimidating which reflects in her food weblog "Monsoon Spice", nominated for Top Food Mom Bloggers 2011 by Babble.facebook likes astrology chart 2019 science olympiad roller coaster scores celebrity styling tips where did facebook trending go one line coffee competitors he did this for science sciencedirect error coffee tables that lift up starship enterprise store zodiac sun calendar space lifestyle fashion and friends north american plate pink love dress rumors hair studio what's in trend talk about dress correct order scientific method expensive floral dress star haircut lulus dresses science me hair spring 2018 fashion don hair and beauty place fashion time coffee oil having coffee with her lifestyle sales coffee with milk in spanish lifestyle study products lifestyle
Share this article
What is the best brand of diapers to get for a baby in India? - Quora
A2A I don't live in India. I like the Huggies Little Snuggler diapers. Pampers leaked, and other brands have diaper rashes. Heck, even other style Huggies didn't work for us, well, except for the pure and natural Huggies, but those either aren't made anymore, or just not stocked around here.