Indian spices Methi
One associated with best Indian spices that I use in my cooking is fenugreek seeds, called methi(hindi), menthulu(telugu) and venthyam(tamil). When Mythili of Vindu invited us to take part in Mistress of Spices occasion, to blog a spice of my choice, I understood exactly what spruce I happened to be likely to reveal. Yes, methulu!!
- Name : Fenugreek seeds, methi (hindi), menthulu (telugu)
- Origin: Indigenous to countries on the east shores associated with the Mediterranean and cultivated in India, Egypt and Africa.
- Botanical name:Trigonella foenum-graecum L
- Family title:Fabaceae
- Plant Family: Leguminosae
- Common Brands: Bird’s Foot, Bockshornklee, Greek Hayseed, Goatâ€™s Horn, Methi
Fenugreek seeds, an old spice, with a somewhat sour style, tend to be small, hard, yellowish-brown, smooth and oblong shaped.The fresh tender green leaves regarding the fenugreek plant, called methi or menthi, have actually a bitter-sweet taste and utilized as a typical green veggie in Indian cuisine like dals and veggies.
Fenugreek seeds can be sprouted, have actually a small pungent-sweet flavor and regularly prepare salads. The dried as a type of fenugreek leaves, known as â€œkasoori methiâ€, is a favorite spruce always boost the taste of Indian meals.
Fenugreek seeds must certanly be softly dry roasted before utilizing to enhance the flavor of this meal and reduce the bitterness regarding the spice. The greater amount of you roast, the greater the bitterness. Incorporating these dry-roasted seeds since it is or perhaps in powdered kind to a gravy or dal dish lends the dish a tangy and mellow feature curry taste. Soaking the seeds in liquid overnight, makes them smooth and jelly-like and these swelled up seeds can easily be made into a paste.
The six tastes, sugary, salty, sour, bitter, astringent, sour and hot, advocated by Ayurveda balances our diet for maximum health and nourishment and a good way to obtain the sour taste to the diet will be add fenugreek seeds to our meals.
- Health research shows that fenugreek seeds reduces blood cholesterol and blood glucose levels.
- It was identified to cure constipation, as a strong expectorant, and is used as natural infusion to break up breathing obstruction.
- An old ayurvedic cure for dandruff – soak some seeds in water in a single day, grind to a paste, use on the head and tresses, keep for 20 mts and rinse. It also tones hair, giving it a silky feel and shine.
- Fenugreek seed paste or methi in powder kind may be used as a face pack in addition, helps tone skin and cure zits.
- Fenugreek seeds could be sun dried, powdered and stored. My tatayya (grandfather) who was a diabetic (for 40 many years of their life) once had one tsp for this powder everyday or soaked seeds and liquid (wet in liquid overnight) early in the morning.
Expecting mothers must certanly be careful in using methi due to the uterine properties, it relaxes the uterine. Its typically directed at females after childbirth to expedite healing. It also helps stimulate milk manufacturing in medical moms. Its better to seek health advise prior to the usage of fenugreek seeds for healing any condition.
Share this article
What is the best brand of diapers to get for a baby in India? - Quora
A2A I don't live in India. I like the Huggies Little Snuggler diapers. Pampers leaked, and other brands have diaper rashes. Heck, even other style Huggies didn't work for us, well, except for the pure and natural Huggies, but those either aren't made anymore, or just not stocked around here.